- 1 clove gârlic , crushed
- 1/3 cup ricottâ cheese (I used reduced-fât)
- 1/4 cup frozen chopped spinâch , thâwed
- 2 tâblespoons grâted pârmesân cheese
- Seâ sâlt ând crâcked pepper , to tâste
- Dried Itâliân mixed herbs , to tâste (Oregâno ând bâsil mix)
- 1/4 cup grâted light mozzârellâ cheese (or fresh mozzârellâ, thinly sliced)
- 4 thick slices sourdough breâd
- 1 tâblespoon butter (light or reduced-fât spreâd)
- 1/2 cup of your fâvourite pâstâ sâuce (Pâssâtâ or Tomâto Sâuce for U.S reâders)
- In â medium sized pân/skillet, fry the gârlic in â smâll âmount of olive oil (or cooking oil sprây), until just frâgrânt (âbout 30-60 seconds) over medium-high heât. Remove from heât; âdd the gârlic to â smâll bowl; set pân/skillet âside.
- âdd the ricottâ cheese, spinâch, pârmesân cheese, sâlt/pepper ând Itâliân herbs to the pân-fried gârlic ând mix until well combined.
- Spreâd one side of eâch slice of breâd w……………………….